Team Cosmic Is Back! Come Visit my studio and Volunteer making art! New studio days are added below!
Hi! I'm opening up some dates for folks to come by to help out with my giant sculptures for my solo exhibition at the Art Museum of South East Texas! Previous experience with sewing, soft sculpture or carpentry is not needed! I am here to teach and ready to learn from everyone who comes by. Just looking for folks who are interested and willing to learn.
If you've ever wanted to learn how I make my soft sculptures, please contact me by emailing email@example.com, and please put #volunteer in the subject line so I can easily find your message :)
The following dates and times listed below indicate when I am available to schedule a volunteer session. You can choose to arrive and leave anytime between the time listed. For example, if it says: Saturday 1-9, you can come from 2-6, 1-3, or 5-9, etc.
February - More dates will be added as the month progresses.
2/15 Fri 3-9pm
2/16 Sat 1-9pm
2/17 Sun 2:30-9pm
2/18 Mon 7:30-10pm
2/19 Tues 1-9pm
2/20 Wed 1:30-9:30pm
2/22 Fri 5:30-9:30pm
2/23 Sat 12-9pm
2/24 Sun 1:00-9pm
2/25 Mon 1-9pm
3/1 Fri 12-9pm
There will be a few more opportunities after this date for folks to come help out, I will post them as time moves forward.
If we're already buddies and you've been wondering where I've been... I've been in the art cave! It'd be great to hang out and make art! I'd love to see you!
Please include in your email:
1. When you will arrive and plan to leave (knowing when you are planning to leave will help me schedule in times to pick up extra supplies or run errands).
2. If you have any allergies or food restrictions.
3. An emergency contact name and number (just to be safe).
4. What pronouns do you use?
Once we correspond through email I can give you details about the location of my studio and other important information. Please make sure you get an email response from me before you arrive.
Optional, other things you can include in your email:
4. Are you allergic to cats, if so I'll leave my cat in the house
5. Are you scared of puppets or anything else?
6. If your name is often mispronounced, please let me know how to pronounce it properly.
7. If you have wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine or you want to learn how to use a particular tool, please let me know and if there is time I’d love to show you. As we get closer to the exhibition date, we may need to schedule a future hang out so you can learn this certain skill.
Other Important Information:
Please wear: Closed toe comfortable clothes, please be prepared to pull your hair back if you have hair and want to use carpentry tools. As the installation date approaches we will focus mostly sewing, but there is also cutting fabric, using the die cutter, gluing things and possibly some carpentry. I will provide water, capri sun, granola bars, other fun kids snacks and if possible coffee.
Feel free to bring drawings or images of your work if you want to get some quick feedback, I'm always interested in seeing people's projects and sharing ideas :)
By signing up for a volunteer day, you are agreeing and acknowledging that with any task including volunteering in Jooyoung Choi's studio that there is always the risk of injury. Although this hasn't ever happened in any serious way to a volunteer, I understand the risk and waive any liability towards JooYoung for any injuries that happen on my way to and from her studio and during my time volunteering.